Tuesday, May 13, 2008

{Sneak Peaks and Busy Days}


Last Saturday was crazy busy. I had another photo shoot scheduled for early Saturday morning (early to me) and got up at 6:30. My cousin Rylee and his wife Katie graciously helped me out as I'm trying to build up a portfolio outside of Silver Pelican. I had so much fun getting to know Katie better. They will be featured on my first blog post that I am working on for Green Apple. We shot at a super secret location (not really) that I have been dying to go to for a long time. It looks like it is about to be torn down so I'm so glad I got there before the demolition team did.
Afterwards Scott and I planted our first tree. Yay! It is a Norwegian Sunset Maple. They are suppose to be amazing in the fall so we are super excited. Bruce and Lynette came over to help a little with the yard work. Thanks guys for the all the tilling and tree planting help! Our yard is starting to come together a little bit, but we have a long, (really, really long) way to go. This Saturday we are taking the glue off of our front porch. I hear that really stinks. Stupid outdoor carpet.
I also did a little photographing at my cousin Jane's wedding later that afternoon. I wasn't her official photographer so I tried to be incognito and stay out of their photographers way. I just shot a few candids. The reception was in their backyard and was lovely. I love backyard weddings. They are so personable.
That wasn't the end to our busy Saturday, but I wont bore you with all the details. Let's just say I sat down for the first time at 10:30. Whew!
Anyway, I just wanted to show a few sneak peaks of what I am working on. There is still so much to do. I am working right now on getting all of my licenses and trying to create some level of order to all my pictures.
So, if anyone else is interested in a free photo shoot let me know. It can be bridals, engagements, family, kids, seniors or whatever. I would love the opportunity.

4 comments:

Rob and Kelli said...

I would definitely take you up on the offer if we were there. Sounds like things are starting off just right...you will have a great business with an awesome photographer.

rYLeE & KaTiE said...

Yay! We're so excited to see all the pics! We had SO much fun, and I can't wait to "trash the dress"!!! You are so talented!

caitlin said...

Lindsey this is going to sound so so silly, but I am in the process of losing weight, and basically my goal is to be able to fit into my wedding dress again.

So when I get there, if you want to shoot me in my dress that would be super fun for me and you could use it for your portfolio.

But I mean I would totally pay you. Is this totally the weirdest thing? I just love your photography :)

caitlin said...

Yay! I am excited. Okay, I will let you know when I reach my goal and we can do it.

I think you should post pics from your wedding, I would love to see them!