Sunday, December 19, 2010

Merry and Bright


I love this time of year.  I love that I have a stack of Christmas cards to mail out, and that my house is lit with twinkle lights.  I love that Oliver likes to sleep under the Christmas tree, and I have presents hidden throughout the house.  I love the daily chocolate from our advent calendar, and that Lucy is running around wearing Christmas pajama's from Grandma and Grandpa.  I love that we finally got out to see some Christmas lights at Thanksgiving point and Lucy slept through the entire thing.  But she did get to kick some snow.  I love time with family and friends, and that every time the mailman comes I get excited.  I love pizza Christmas movie night with the cousin's, and family parties.  I love my most perfect present for Scott.  I love that it is a time for me to reflect on the birth of my Saviour, which usually reminds me to slow down and refocus priorities.

It is easy for me to be overwhelmed with checklists over Christmas.  But I'm working on enjoying the moment, not being perfect and letting go of neighbor gifts this year (sorry!)  Both my sisters are coming into town this week, and I can't wait to have most of my family together.  I sure miss Kyle though.  We watched the new version of "A Christmas Carol," tonight.  It was actually kind of scary, but good too.  How lovely was the line, "And he kept Christmas well?"  This year, I hope to keep Christmas well for my little family.

No comments: