Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Pretty, Pretty


These flowers were probably the prettiest that Scott has ever given me.  There were tulips and roses and ranunculus.  I loved them!  Poor Scott though.  He always has bad luck when he tries to have flowers delivered.  It used to be a fantasy of mine to have flowers delivered at work.  So, once upon a time, about 5 years ago he had some roses scheduled to be delivered on Valentines.  When there was no phone call from me he started to get worried.  One week later they arrived (thanks, 1-800 flowers.)

This year he had them scheduled to be delivered to the house.  Alas, the driver quit on Valentine's.  Who does that?  But I still got them.  And they were still pretty amazing.

Scott also gave me a Mandoline, which is pretty cool.  I have been wanting one for awhile now, and it makes making my daily sweet potato chips a breeze.  The night was capped off with dinner at Cucina Toscana.  Lucy got some books and a puzzle from the Valentine's Day Man.  She wasn't overly excited.

And this weekend, we are going to enjoy my present, which was a trip to Zions.  We really need to get out of the cold and our sick, sick house.  Hopefully it will warm up a little down South, and we can have an early Spring.  All in all, it was a pretty sweet Valentines.

No comments: