Monday, August 29, 2011

Dear Lucy













Where do I start? You are so crazy grown-up, I can't even stand it. You pretty much do everything. Your vocab is insane. New words and phrases,

Ollie barkin'
I want! I want! I want!
I hold/hug you
chips
c'mon!
swimming!!!
friends
no nigh, nigh
sleep in mommy's bed?
you asleep mommy?
you tired mommy?
yay! bye bye!
I'm Lucy
stay Ollie

You pretty much take me by the hand and lead me everywhere. Personal space is not your specialty. And when we meet new people, you like to touch their face, or stand really close. Shyness is a thing of the past, and you say, "HI!" to everyone! You are a crazy, scary, climber, so I signed us up for gymnastics. Right now I tend to find you standing on the table, climbing into your chair, or sitting on the back of the couch. You hate being in the grocery cart, love sitting in the front seat of the car (when I'm not driving), hate little kid spoons and forks, and want to be a big kid all the time. Going down slides scare you, but you like to climb up.  You pretty much think you are the boss, ALL THE TIME, and hate time-outs, but are starting to get them more. Diaper changes are still a challenge, and so are bedtimes. I have discovered it is just because you don't want to be alone. If I lay on the floor in your room, you are fine. Or if you come lay down with me you are fine too. But most of the time, you are laughing. Laughing is your favorite and mine too.

2 comments:

Patty Girl said...

She is so stinkin adorable. I remember loving that age and it just gets more and more fun. Lucy is very precocious and charming. Olive talks about her all the time!

Vickie said...

She's such a cutie! We love us some Lucy!