Friday, February 20, 2009

{I'm Not Alone}

This video is exactly how I feel about photography. Most of the time. Especially right now as I feel like I make more mistakes than is good for me, that I am not creative enough, am not interesting enough and plainly not good enough. It is good to know I'm not alone in my insecurities--even as I continue to strive towards growth and learning. It also addresses how I feel sometimes about my job. It is a huge part of who I am, but, like the video says, it doesn't cure cancer. I sometimes question the importance of what I do--the big "picture" value.
I'm looking forward to the Spring. I have hopes and dreams of what this next year holds.

3 comments:

rYLeE & KaTiE said...

Ok my dear, if you don't know by now how talented/creative/fabulous you are then apparently we aren't doing our job when we comment on your gorgeous work...

i'm googling "synoymns for dabomb.com" as i type this.

love you...

Robin said...

I get it. And I know the feeling is not a reflection of our worth, not really. But I get it. Thanks for sharing.

Allison said...

That's funny I was just telling my husband how "some day I hope to be as good of a photographer as Lindsey." In the mean time I will curse at the computer, getting mad at each shut eye, and lighting mishap while I edit. You are so gifted.