Thursday, October 22, 2009

{Costume Help}

So, I maybe just blew the secret on our costumes, but I was wondering if anyone would be willing to loan us some articles of clothing? Call me lazy, but my head is all over the place these days and I'm having a hard time focusing, let alone put a costume together.

If anyone has any of the below I would be eternally grateful,

Lindsey's Outfit
Size 6, 8 or medium maternity jeans (with a full panel would be heaven)
Women's medium hoodie or jacket (men's small would work too)
Maternity orange stripped shirt (ok that is maybe a little specific, I have a blue striped one)
I have a skirt that may work, but if not, anyone own a short brown skirt, either maternity or a really stretchy one?

Scott's outfit...what can I say. You may be uncomfortable letting him A) wear your short shorts or B) owning up to the fact that you even own them. We are thinking of trying Walmart or the DI.

So, I ruined the surprise. So sad.

10 comments:

katiekimmcdermott said...

I have some darling size 8 jeans that are now far too big, and also many many hoodies. Rylee and I have a lot that would probably work.

Let me know. I could pop over to your house with some options sometime!

Unknown said...

That is seriously the funniest idea ever.
If you can't find an orange striped shirt, JoAnn's sells Spray Fabric Paint (online in Orange by Tulip for $4)... You could use painters tape to block out stripes on a white tee and spray it orange...

Aria said...

hahaha! You've got to take pictures and post some for us. Perfect costume...I'll check my closet for anything that works. :)

Unknown said...

That's awesome that you are going to be Juno for Halloween! Yes you spoiled the surprise but that's okay. You are going to look so cute as Juno. Are you coming to the McDermott Halloween party on Halloween? Yeah I would look at Walmart or DI for Scott's costume. Take care and have a great rest of the week!!!

caitlin said...

Too funny! I told my friend Jessica last Halloween she should be that since she was pregnant. I can't wait to see how you guys look.

(I saw a ton of those tiny shorts in Decades, I don't know how much they were though.)

Shan @ Design Gal said...

i have none of the above, but if you have a hard time finding socks for him, you can always buy the tall white ones and draw on the black and orange stripes with a marker!

good luck! sounds so fun!

Scott and Lindsey said...

Hey Katie, I think I may take you up on the hoodie. I don't have one. Is there a time I could run by? I actually need size 8 maternity jeans. I wish I could fit into a normal size 8 right now. Alas.
Thank you, thank you!

Scott and Lindsey said...

Oh, and I found an orange striped shirt. Score!
I'm not sure if I will be able to make it to the McDermott party. I may be having the baby then. I kind of hope I'm still not pregnant on Halloween. Baby is making me sore.

Jill said...

Hi, love your photography. Do you guys have a younger sibling we don't know about? I'm trying to figure it all out, but you left Chicago so long ago that I can't remember!

Rob and Kelli said...

What a perfect costume choice!