Thursday, March 10, 2011

Random Stuff


The other day I helped my friend Kim out with her RS Birthday Celebration. It was a night in Paris, and she had created this darling Eiffel Tower Photobooth. I took the pictures with her Polaroid, and completely butchered a French accent. It was a lot of fun and of course, we had to take our photo too.

And since I very rarely have my photo taken, this photo serves as my weight loss goal update. So far I have lost 7 pounds. Which is great, I'm not complaining. But it is slow moving. I have been working on this since November 1st. It was a combination of Lucy being weaned and my consumption of an entire bag of Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups that jump started me. And I have been working out 5 days a week for over 4 months. In addition, I have completely changed my diet. Whole grains! Only water!  Minimal red meat!  Smaller portions! Scott, on the other hand, decided he wanted to lose weight 3 weeks ago. He has now lost 10 pounds. So not fair. But this week has been hard. I have wanted to snack. I have wanted 2nd helpings. I don't want to go do my Tracy Anderson Mat workout (which I'm currently procrastinating while writing this.) But 7 pound is respectable.  I will take it.  I have 15 more to go.  I will not be overwhelmed by this number. The good news, I'm pretty sure I'm stronger and healthier than I have ever been.  I ran 30 minutes yesterday. That is unheard of for me. I may run slow, but I didn't stop.  My favorite workout is Zumba. My least favorite is the lifting class. I'm obsessed with healthy food and have been making whole wheat pita bread, hummus, lots of salmon, and lots of salads. It has been fun. I have a new love for cooking.  

In other news, Lucy likes to growl, she has a new pouty face, she wears her snow boots all day long and stomps around the house. She goes crazy when she sees balls at the grocery store (BALL! BALL! BALL!) Life is exciting around here!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What cuties! All three of you!

Valerie said...

You go, girl! You are inspiring!

I'd love to know how you cook your salmon, though. Will you share? I've never, ever cooked it before and I would love to try it. And Eric would be so stoked! haha

COLBSTER said...

Mwahahahaha

Caitlin Selle said...

Love the pictures! What a cute idea for a party.