Thursday, May 19, 2011

Pearl Harbor

Pearl Harbor day started off at 5:30 AM. This was because we were planning on going to Hanauma Bay and wanted to beat the traffic and crowds. We didn't beat the traffic and there were no crowds. Hanauma Bay is closed on Tuesdays. But Scott and I are nothing, if not resourceful. We just turned the car around and headed over to Pearl Harbor. I should mention that we hadn't showered in two days, and were planning on washing our ripeness away in the ocean. Instead, we wandered a national monument in our swim clothes. Luckily, I was wearing a cover-up dress and Scott had sandals and a swim top. Unfortunately the swim top was a little tight. Which is why Scott purchased his very own Pearl Harbor T-Shirt. We are never a fan of wearing a t-shirt around at the actual place we purchased it. Hard Rock Salt Lake City for example, is just not that cool. But it was the lesser of two evils.

We were really excited to see Pearl Harbor, but organized activities involving strollers and confinement are not Lucy's current forte. Let's just say we are glad we saw it and we managed to keep Lucy on the boat and Memorial.
If that isn't successful parenting, I don't know what is.




 Scott, swim shirt, t-shirt and Lucy hand down his shirt. Awk-Ward!

 I don't know why the backs of people fascinate me, but I always seem to take this photo.

No comments: