Saturday, March 1, 2008

{We're Here, I Think}

We are here, but we feel like something slightly dead. It has been almost 2 days without sleep and a real meal and I'm now reminded why traveling can be a beast. We had 17 hours of travel time, arrived in Pisa, went to see the city dragging my HEAVY suitcase--What did I pack?!?--all over the city. We then caught a train to Florence and then dragged our suitcases all over trying to find our hotel. The wheel on Scott's bag was broken on the plane and so he was carrying his and I was struggling with mine. I guess all told, it wasn't too bad. But I haven't showered or brushed my teeth in 2 days and I'm stinky, hungry and tired. The good times should begin tomorrow.
It is fun being back. Florence looks a lot different than Rome, more green. Everyone here is dressed like it is the dead of winter, but it is 55-60. I guess it is a matter of perspective. We stick out like sore thumbs. All of these fashionable Italians are dressed in black with skinny jeans and boots (wait I do have some boots). Scott in his shorts, baseball cap and college sweatshirt didn't quite match the crowd. I have 15 free internet minutes and I can't find where the tracker is so I'm going to post this now and if I have time I will quickly add some pictures.
~Ciao

No comments: